Leaving Las Vegas ~ November 14th, 2009

Leaving day!

Vegas was nice to see but I was soooooo ready to go home. We got to the airport in the morning only to be told that our flight was moved earlier and since we were not informed of this, we had missed the 45 minute check in time. That was a great start to the day! They got us on a later flight at 3:30 pm but this got us in to Detroit far too late to catch our connecting flight. Nice! So we sat around the airport for a little while, waiting for our new flight, trying to figure out what we should do and how to get home.

The next flight leaving Detroit for us wasnt until 11:30 am the NEXT morning, getting in at 1:30 and we still had a 5 hour drive ahead of us after that to get to Sudbury and then another 6 hour drive for Sarah to get home. Not good, since that would mean we would be in the airport ALL night with 2 babies and Sarah was starting a new job on Monday and this plan would not get her home until very very late Sunday night.

So we decided that once we got to Detroit we would take a bus to Toronto and have Jamie pick us up there. The bus left shortly after our flight got in and got to Toronto at 6:00am. So this plan wasnt perfect but it was the best one we had. We got to Detroit on time, rushed to the bus station only to realize that my injections had to be done before midnight and it was already 11 by now. So as sick as this was, we had to do two injections in the filty filthy bathroom of the Detroit Bus Station. NOT fun. Of course we had the two baby strollers which would NOT fit in the bathroom stall with us so we had to leave the door open which Sarah gave me the needles. You can imagine how this looked right? Anyway…we got it done, and headed out.

We get on the bus and then we had to go through Canada Customs. We all breeze through pretty fast but then there is this one idiot who appears to be high. So they completely put him through the ringer, body searching him, taking all his bags from the bus and tearing them apart, looking through his clothes, the lining of his jacket, etc. All in all we ended up being stuck at Customs for over 2 and a half hours. In a non moving vehicle with cranky tired babies! We finally headed out after 2:30 and of course got in to Toronto late, where Jamie was nowhere to be seen. Apparently he had been waiting in the other building so it was after 8 before we left the station. It was SOOOOOOO good to finally get home that afternoon. LONG annoying trip!

Seeing the kids after so long was great, and just being home was fantastic!

Published in: on November 23, 2009 at 7:36 am  Leave a Comment  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://munrosheppard6.wordpress.com/2009/11/23/leaving-las-vegas-november-14th-2009/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: